With the evolution of technology, digital document management across all businesses and industries is becoming an integral part of enabling different departments to run more efficiently and profitably.
Recently I was able to see firsthand the importance of scanning in your HR employee files. There are many reasons for this.
- Security – Features are enabled to allow certain employees to access certain documents
- Natural Disasters – The uncontrollable and the unknown of complete document loss or destruction is now minimized for these files
- Storage Space – You no longer have to be concerned where the file cabinets will go and automatically create more space
- Ease of Retrieval – This allows the company the ability to retrieve files by employee name, employee number, benefit election, corrective action, terminated employees, or many other fields. This can be configured to user preference.
- Performance Reviews – The employer can choose to enable workflow processes and can run the employee review process through all involved in a completely digital manner
- Legal requirements – HIPAA compliance plays a big role in the maintenance of employee files and this system can enhance and improve a company’s compliance with HIPAA
- Confidential – Digital storage of the documents has proved to be much more confidential than a file cabinet with the key to all employee files hanging in the HR Manager’s desk
- Employee On-boarding – This can enable the employer to create online applications through the use of customized e-forms and the hiring process for all new employees. The documents that are created through the hiring process are automatically added to the employee file and become part of their permanent record.
Here at American Micro, we are more than just a software reseller/provider and we’re able to provide all these features and benefits across many different departments and industries. Not everyone knows that American Micro has been around for 55 years proudly serving our business clients. In our large facility with over 30 employees, we are able to provide document imaging and scanning services for one-time projects all the way to weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly recurring processes. We are able to be involved as much as necessary or as little as possible, you decide.