If you are considering automation you most likely will fall into one of the following categories
- Those who have realized their work has outpaced their ability to do work. Those in this category know exactly what to automate: whatever they can’t do anymore.
- Those who are looking to increase efficiency, boost ROI, raise the bottom line, etc. If you find yourself in this category, you have a very important task ahead of you—figuring out what to automate!
For anyone who found themselves in Category #1, please visit us here to start a conversation about how we can help!
For everyone else, read on.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
We find Accounts Payable to be one of the best places to start a conversation about automation. First and foremost, paying the bills isn’t fun for anyone. On top of that, AP is a very costly and non-productive labor expense when undertaken manually!
If you are interested in automating your Accounts Payable processes, the simplest option is to outsource AP entirely to a Business Process Automation provider. Simply provide them with as many samples of your documents as possible to ensure accuracy and you will be set up in no time! Alternatively, most BPA providers also offer software, hardware and training services to teach you how to run your own automations.
When explaining a digital mailroom, the best place to start is the end result: your paper mail delivered digitally to only the relevant recipients. Some choose to create an in-house digital mailroom, but the most efficient solution is usually to outsource mail scanning to an organization already well set up for the task.
Now, if you’d like to hear the short version of how a digital mailroom works, here you go:
- Important mail items are scanned into the system while unwanted spam/junk is discarded.
- The data printed on the mail—including text, numbers, invoices, receipts, etc—is extracted using text recognition software.
- From there, each mail item can be instantly delivered to any number of recipients or storage locations.
A digital mailroom will lower the costs of mail delivery, storage and other labor costs associated with inbound mail. Additionally, you will gain a key digital archive of your inbound mail, fully text searchable. You’ll never lose a mail item again!
- DIGITAL DOCUMENT STORAGE
Your data and file storage systems are absolutely vital. Ensuring that the files and records you need to do business are readily available and secured in the case of a disaster is critical.
Despite that, creating and maintaining a secure and useful database from years, sometimes decades of past files, data and other assets manually is nearly always out of the question due to cost.
Implementing an in-house digital document management system eases these pains though automation. Every step after the document is initially scanned into the computer happens automatically, greatly reducing the total cost of record storage.
For those who do not wish to invest in the hardware and software required, reach out to a dedicated document storage specialist for advice as to the best solution for your challenge.
For Over 63 Years – American Micro Company | Dedicated to helping organizations gain independence through transition from improperly stored documents to automated data management and workflow solutions.