Beginning in kindergarten all the way through their higher education, a student creates a trail of paperwork. The whole time, each document may need to be found any number of times, repeatedly being reentered into systems each time. Student record retention solutions allows easy searching and viewing with a few clicks of a mouse. Whether outsourced or scanned in your facility. Document management can simplify any workflow and reduce costs.
- Searching by last, first name; DOB; social security numbers; or even graduation year are just a few ways to locate documents in an instant.
- Digging through filing cabinets is time consuming and inconvenient. Being able to type in a few details and see records regarding certain classifications increases productivity.
- Viewing can go the same direction with personnel files, viewing not only current employees, as well as terminated files .
- Multiple levels of control secure your student and faculty’s information.
- Access is custom on an individualized level. No longer allowing records and documents to be seen by inappropriate eyes.
- Disclosure tracking controls who views what, when as well as why.
- Changing any forms, documents and records is only performed by approved faculty.
- Fire, water damage, and theft are all recurring issues with record retention. Possessing only a single copy of any records can be problematic.
- When retaining all documents in hard copies is required, having electronic backups offsite can decrease future complications.
Retention and Compliance:
- Federal and State laws mandate documents be securely saved for any number of years, hence storage solutions can be difficult.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) are easily followed in addition to documents being easily located and retrieved with a few clicks of a mouse.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR):
- The electronic conversion of images of typed, handwritten or printed text into machine-encoded text, whether from a scanned document, a photo of a document.
- Not only an amazing system for invoice processing, but can be used for documents such as schedules, registration papers, and yearly academic records.
- Not only will switching to an electronic solution simplify your faculties daily lives, but it saves something costlier, their time!
Each year means new students, teachers, maintenance staff, vendors, and more PAPER! Going the digital route means possibly outsourcing your document scanning while still maintaining compliance with record retention laws. Document management is not just a quick viewing option, but a way to keep documents secure and organized. Allowing permitted users to be more productive. Let us discuss more about our record retention options, document solutions and invoice processing today!
For more information on contact us today!
Our mailing address is:
1933 Troost Ave., Kansas City, Missouri 64108 USA